Saturday, August 27, 2011

Homemade Pizza Sauce

Well, I'm back. And I have a bunch of new recipes to add. To celebrate my return to the kitchen, I'm starting off with a super easy recipe that takes only a few minutes, costs around $2.00 (depending on how many spices you get), and is yummy! Yes, it's Pizza Sauce.

Okay, here's the deal with Pizza/Spaghetti Sauce. They're practically the same thing in my book. (Actually many days, they ARE the same thing). Usually, the only difference would be what spices I add.So, here's the recipe:

Homemade Pizza/Spaghetti Sauce


PREP TIME: 1 Minute (If that)
COOKING TIME: 6-8 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: Enough for One Pizza or A Couple Plates of Spaghetti

INGREDIENTS:
1 Can of Tomato Paste (6 oz)
1 Can of Tomato Sauce (8 oz)
Italian Seasoning
Other Various Spices (Optional)

*NOTE: "Other Various Spices" can include the following:
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Basil
Oregano
Thyme
etc.

**NOTE II: Italian Seasoning includes Basil, Oregano, etc, but sometimes it's nice to add a little bit extra.

1) Open the can of Tomato Paste and pour it into a pan.
2) Open the can of Tomato Sauce and pour that into the same pan.
3) Add seasonings to taste

***NOTE III: It's important here to not be afraid of the seasonings. Just keep adding them until it tastes good. I usually start off with adding a lot of Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Then, I continue adding different things until it tastes good to me. All of our taste buds are different, so I won't tell you how much is "too much" or "too little". Just have fun with it.

4) Cover and put on Medium to High Heat for about 6-8 minutes (or until heated through).
5) Enjoy. :)

Delicious!
This is a really easy recipe that tastes really good. For a thinner spaghetti sauce, add TWO cans of tomato sauce to every ONE can of tomato paste. And that's it! Bon appetit!

--Chef Lyndsie

No comments:

Post a Comment