Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pepperoni Sticks



Alright, here's the first of many recipes! I really like this one, because it's fun and uses hardly any ingredients! My husband and I usually double the recipe and have some left over.


*NOTE: I make most of my breads from scratch, I'm sure you can buy something from the store and use that instead, but I personally think that scratch tastes better. It's easy, and most of these ingredients are "staples" in my kitchen anyway...so here it is:

Pepperoni Sticks


PREP TIME: approx. 30-35 minutes
BAKE TIME: 14-18 minutes
MAKES 10-12 Pepperoni Sticks
SERVE WITH Marinara Sauce (Pizza Sauce) or Ranch

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups of flour
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp butter
shredded cheese
pepperoni

1) Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2) Gradually add milk. Mix well and knead in bowl 4-5 times.
*NOTE: I rarely use all 2/3rds cups of milk, so be careful not to add too much in. But, if it happens to be sticky (which it usually ends up being for me) don't be afraid to use flour!! I always keep extra flour (about 1/4 cups worth) next to me as I roll these out. 

3) Separate into smaller balls. Sprinkle with flour so that it is easier to roll out. (You can get anywhere in between 10-12 balls)


4) Use your rolling pin and roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.


5) Sprinkle cheese onto the dough in the center and place three pepperoni on top of that. (If you like cheese, feel free to add more)


6) Fold over one side of the dough onto the pepperoni. Continue rolling until it is shaped as a stick. Press down to prevent it from re-opening.



7) Melt the butter in the microwave. Put 2 tbsp of butter into a 9x13 pan. Place the pepperoni sticks on top of the butter. Using a spoon, put the remaining tbsp over the pepperoni sticks, spreading it evenly on top.
8) Bake in the oven at 450degrees for 14-18. Until they are golden brown on top.



Here's the finished product! They're really good and fun to eat. Enjoy!
--Chef Lyndsie



**If you have a recipe you'd like to share or have a comment about the recipe above, feel free to leave a comment below or to contact Chef Lyndsie at cheflyndsie@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Could you use just add water pizza crust mix or even bisquick?

    ReplyDelete